Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big boys now...

I'm in the process of posting about our trips to the lake and the beach but in the meantime I wanted to write about my boys accomplishments. First of all, Jayden has officially started using the potty! He went naked from the waist down most of the day yesterday and used the potty what seemed like about 500 times. He even went twice all by himself when I was feeding Brody! He still doesn't make it every time but he is doing really well!

Yesterday was also a big day for Brody. We moved the bassinet out of our bedroom and he started sleeping in the crib in his room last night. I am enjoying having our room back but I am also waking up more often than I was when he was sleeping right beside me because I feel like I need to go check on him. He is sleeping at least four hours at a time now, sometimes longer. We seem to be working towards a schedule and that makes me very happy!

On a different note, I got a call from Jayden's preschool teacher today. He will be going two days a week for three hours a day starting in September. I have been dreading it because I know it is going to be a difficult transition for him. I felt a little better after talking to her because she sounds really nice and she seems like she might be one of the "fun" teachers. I'm hoping it will be a good experience for him and something that he will eventually look forward to, but I'm expecting those first couple of weeks to be hard for both of us!

1 comment:

Amy said...

oh-he;ll do great at preschool and that will give you and Brody some time alone. I am dying to see pics of Brody!!!