Friday, April 10, 2009

Jump, jump!

After Jayden woke up from his nap yesterday we went to get his hair cut (again). I took him earlier this week but he was screaming and thrashing around so much that the lady forgot to cut the front of his hair. So, we went back yesterday for a few snips off the front. Jayden, of course, screamed and thrashed around again but it only took a minute for her to fix it. Even though he hates to get his hair cut he loves going because they have a train table. The whole way there all he talks about is playing with the choo-choo trains. I've decided that he cries and pitches such a fit because he's mad that he is having to sit there instead of playing. It took me and another lady to hold him down yesterday while he was getting those three snips. Anyway, once he was done I let him play with the trains for twenty minutes or so and we left to go home. He surprised me by nicely saying goodbye to the trains and the kids he was playing with instead of pitching another fit because we were leaving. You take your victories where you can, I guess.

Jason called as we were driving home and asked if we wanted to meet him at Jump 4 Joey (it's an inflatables house). Brad, Jennifer, Mckenzie, Tristan, Kristina, Kayleigh and Ansley were all going to be there. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera so I didn't get to take any pictures of all the kids playing together but they had a lot of fun! I think the adults had as much fun as the kids did. I guess Jayden got brave with the other kids around because he went down the big slide all by himself! Joey, the kangaroo, made an appearance. Jayden was happy to see him at first but then got a little scared. Once I picked him up he was okay and gave Joey a high-five and blew him a kiss. So sweet! Kayleigh and Tristan both liked him but Mckenzie and Ansley were scared to death! I left early to run by the grocery store and pick up something for dinner. When I got home Jayden, Mckenzie and Tristan were playing on the slide in the backyard! I don't know where they found the energy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't believe you've been blogging this long and haven't shared until now:-)